Thursday, December 8, 2011

Vampire - Pinot Noir

Price: $9.99
Region: Napa, Ca
Year: 2010

As I sit here and drink a very good Malbec on a Thursday evening, I just have to get to some of the wines I haven't made the time to review. I really need to set aside some time to sit down and write reviews more often, but until then, I'll be reviewing wines that I tasted a few weeks back. In this case, it was actually over the Halloween weekend. It seemed fitting to try a wine called Vampire over Halloween, so that's what we did.

I must admit, the $10 Pinot Noir wines that are worth getting a second time, are few and far between. I love the Angeline, and would buy that any time I am in the mood for a Pinot, but one of these days I need to find something on par with that wine for a similar price. I think this may be the first time I have reviewed Pinot Nior wines in back to back weeks. So, here goes. It wasn't really about the food pairing so much this time as is was to try a wine called Vampire on Halloween. I poured myself a glass, and to no ones surprise, I had a very light colored wine in my glass, but it was an interesting shade for sure. Really it wasn't that bad to look at, but you can only look at a wine so long before you have to give it a taste. For those who are wondering, I did have my Pinot Noir glasses out on this night instead of my usual steam-less Reidels. I gave the glass a nice swirl, and along with a light color, came a light aroma as well. A bit earthy, but not very strong. For the trifecta, when I took a taste, it was a bit faint on the toungue, but really had a pleasant taste. I liked it much better then the $25 bottle of Pinot I reviewed last time. Not top notch, but an enjoyable wine nonetheless. Worth a try....

Rating: 3.25 corks (Getting warmer!)

No comments: