Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Goats Do Roam - Red Table Wine

Price: $9.99
Region: South Africa/Rhone style
Year: 2006

Fist, sorry for the delayed review. it has been a busy week at work, and I just found some time today to write the review. This past weekend was a normal wine weekend. Just looking at my local store for a bottle of wine to relax with. I ended up going to the movies with my two sons on Friday night, so I didn't have a glass with dinner, but instead when I got home and the kids went to bed. Just a glass or two to relax with after a long week.

I have a few friends I work with in South Africa, and one of the topics we chat about sometimes is wine. They tell me how good the wine is from their local "wine farms:. I've been wanting to give this one a try for quite some time because apart from the fact it is from South Africa, I think ti is also a pretty funny concept and story. I'm not quite sure what grapes make up this wine, but I believe it is a Rhone style wine that is described as "spicy" on the label.

It has a very nice color and a nice smell as well. I would say a touch of a floral smell. While at first taste, I would not describe it as overly spicy, it did have a nice little bite to it that soon finished smoothly. Upon further tasting, it had an overall nice character. it was relatively smooth, and the finish was not overly long, but it didn't go away right away either. i was quite pleased with the wine and would surely give it another try. maybe with friends next time to have a laugh or two about the name and its origin.

Rating: 3.5 corks (A solid choice)

No comments: