Saturday, November 29, 2008

3 Blind Moose - Merlot

Price: $8.99
Region: California
Year: 2005

Another stop at the wine store next to one of our favorite Italian take out restaurants. The dinner order doesn't usually vary too much, but always looking for another wine to match up . In this case, it was a wine I remember seeing around my father-in-laws house, but don't remember ever giving it a try. After trying it, I can't decide whether to thank him for that, or wished I had tried it so I knew not to waste my money. You can see where this is going.

A dull looking red wine always starts me off on the wrong foot. There is something about being able to see all the way through a glass of red wine that bugs me. Although, I must admit it doesn't always mean a poor tasting wine, but just something that means the smell and flavor are going to have to make up for . Now, when you mix that with a wine you can barely smell, like was the case here, the chances I am going to enjoy this wine are pretty small. So, when I finally took a sip, I was not overly surprised that the only word that came to mind was dull. All the way around, that was the word that best described this wine for me. It was just boring from start to finish. At this point, it really didn't matter what was for dinner, although I very much enjoyed my dinner, the wine definitely didn't enhance the meal.

Rating: 1.75 Corks (The bottom of the barrel so far)

No comments: