Friday, November 14, 2008

Bogle - Petit Shiraz

Price: $10.99
Region: California
Year: 2006

Since I'm running a little late this week, I decided to do what I was going to do a while ago, and that was write two reviews in one night. First, I am going to review another one of my "default" wines, and then a bottle that I picked up at the store tonight. First, I want to talk about my #2 default wine, Bogle Petit Shiraz. I mus admit off the bat, that the choice between #1 and #2 was very difficult. I really like both of these wines very much, but what it came down to was the Yellowtail is $3 - $4 cheaper, so that was the tie breaker.

Pouring this wine into a glass is something I never get tired of. The deep rich color as it fills up the glass is very inviting. You can just tell from the onset this is a bold wine. The aroma is just as enticing. It is one of those wines I just simply enjoy smelling. All of that being said, what makes this wine tops in my book is the consistent, smooth taste. This is a wine I often pair up with a steak on the grill. I can't think of a more enjoyable Saturday evening, then a piece of grilled beef, and a bottle of Bogle Petit Shiraz. I must also admit that this is my wife's favorite wine, which is good because we get to share a bottle ervy now and again, but is also bad because we have to share a bottle every now and again :) It is also a wine that invites a cold fall day with a nice pot of beef chilli. For what I look for in a wine, this one has it for sure.

Rating: 4 Corks (A very close #2)

2 comments:

Robot said...

Always cool to see another PS lover, though I can't say I was a fan of Bogle. I noticed you always use "shiraz" instead of "sirah" when referring to PS. Is there a reason for this? PS is a different grape than syrah/shiraz, and the syrah/shiraz terms tend to be indicative of non-Australian/Australian wines.

JWRT said...

The grape born in Shiraz,Iran was cultivated by residents of the area because of the prolific vines, the sweet grpes and the shade when grown in arobrs. The name of this most interesting city has become the name of the grape. As moslems do not take alcohol, the production of this wine was for persons of other persuasions.
This information was supplied to me from Ali, resident in Texas, who is a native of Shiraz.