Saturday, July 5, 2008

Additional Guidelines...

Before I review my first wine, I wanted to create a space to create guidelines, rules, or goals for my reviews, and then update along the way if necessary. I'll try to keep this in a list format to make them easier to read....

  • The majority of the wines reviewed will be under $15, because as I mentioned, that is what I usually drink. There will be exceptions for special occasions or dinners out, but the goal here is to provide some information that most people can understand, on wines they can afford.
  • I will attempt to stay away from wines I already know well. There are a group of wines that I call my default wines, but my goal is to break out of the habit of buying the same thing each week, and hopefully help others to do the same thing.
  • I will provide a verbal review of each wine, along with what food I enjoyed it with (unless I happen to be drinking the wine without food), but will also have a simple rating system as follows...
  • 1 Cork = Leave it on the shelf
  • 2 Corks = Below average, there's better out there
  • 3 Corks = Average, worth giving a try
  • 4 Corks = Very good wine, definitely worth buying
  • 5 Corks = Highly recommend, a can't miss selection

No comments: