Monday, July 7, 2008

PepperWood Grove - Cabernet Sauvignon

Price: $6.99
Region: California
Year: 2006

I've thought about picking up this wine a few times in the past, but each time decided to pass. It just happens to be at the price range that make me hesitate. I tend to solidly buy wine in the $8 - $12 range, and I usually need to have a recommendation from someone to buy below, or over that range for an every day wine. Now, I had a reason to give it a try.

Although I don't specifically rate sight and smell, those characteristics do tend to have some impact on whether I enjoy a wine or not. The color on this wine what you would expect out of a Cabernet, very dark red. For the darkness of the color, the smell was actually underwhelming. It was a little weak which was kind of surprising. I then gave it a taste, and was quite surprised. It started off slightly weak, but it got better quickly. It had a very good finish for a wine in this price range, and very little bite. I must say it was much better then I was expecting. For a wine that cost only $6.99, I would have to say overall it was very good. One I would definitely buy again.

Rating: 3.5 Corks (A bargain for the price)
______________________________________________________________

No comments: